Wednesday, June 24, 2009

what if...

What if I collected litter from the city's streets, washed it, ground it to pulp and used it to make home made paper that I then did little prints on and sold as cool stationary...

What if I did paintings that explored only non-fiction events using images from those events and a sort of "historical imagination" that supplied the emotional tone...

What if, on my daily walk to work, I took photos and when I got home that night made a painting using those photos as source material. I could do one every day, or pick the best from the week and make one a week...

What if it were possible to position artwork outside of the umbrella of modern cultural perspective to examine the values of collective memory...essentially, mimetics as a motivating art theory, what would that look like...

anything? anybody? I'm dying here.

1 comment:

LMsquaredG said...

All of these ideas are great, and I would gladly hear/see your progress in any one of them. What's important, I think is to create a structure for yourself with specific restrictions, because it will give you something to fulfill. Have you ever seen this film?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0354575/

It's close to what I mean, and may give you a sense of what may be fun/productive for yourself.